TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE USE OF THE PREMISES
- In this document the word 'User' refers to the person responsible for making the agreement with Journey
Church Harrow and to any one else (the Authorised Person) given authority
by that person for the running of the activity and to anyone attending the activity. The User will provide the name address and telephone
number of any such Authorised Person to Journey Church Harrow.
Church Harrow' refers to the person or persons who make this agreement
with the user and to anyone else given authority and responsibility by that person or those persons to act for and on their behalf.
- The 'Key Holder' is a person (normally a church member) appointed by Journey
Church Harrow to oversee the use of the building during the event. Access to the building
is only possible through a Keyholder.
- The range of rooms available for use along with the provision of major items of equipment
(as listed on the Application Form) will be agreed in writing with the Users. The key holder has discretion
to allow the use of minor items of equipment i.e. cups, plates, cutlery etc.
Church Harrow will endeavour
to make the Premises
available as requested. Journey Church Harrow, however,
reserves the right to have priority
use of the Premises
for its own activities
and, in emergency (e.g. a funeral or because for some reason it would be unsafe to use the Premises), prevent its use. In the event of such cancellation,
Church Harrow will not be liable for any expenses incurred
by the User as a result of the Premises being unavailable to the User. Bookings cannot be confirmed
more than 3 months in advance.
- The Premises are a place of Christian
practices which do not accept Jesus Christ as the Son of God and, as Saviour of mankind, are therefore,
on the Premises.
- As far as is possible Journey Church Harrow will ensure the Premises are clean and in good order for the User's intended purposes
- The User and Keyholder
have joint responsibility to maintain security
and safety. No unauthorised
person should be allowed on the Premises.
- It is illegal to smoke in any building on the Premises.
- NO ALCOHOLIC
DRINK is to be brought onto or consumed
anywhere in or on the Premises.
- NO ILLEGAL or
DANGEROUS SUBSTANCES are to be brought onto the Premises.
- It is up to the User to ensure the Premises
are left clean and in good order at the end of the activity, including
etc to its appropriate
- The User will clear from areas used, both inside and outside, all rubbish and discarded materials
(including food residue, food wrappings and food and drink containers)
and remove them completely from the Building
and deposit the same in the rubbish bin provided in the Church car park. Should the rubbish bin be full all
excess waste should be taken with you when you
leave the Premises.
- As necessary,
the User will have access to vacuum cleaner,
dust pan, brush and broom, mop and bucket to assist in clearing
Church Harrow insurance policy does not extend to providing Public and Product Liability cover to non-church
activities. YOU ARE ADVISED THAT YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE
COVER FOR THE EVENT YOU ARE HOLDING. Drivers of vehicles using the car park do so at their own risk and are reminded
that they also must have their own insurance.
Church Harrow Copyright Licences do not extend to the projection or
performance of Copyrighted material at non-church activities. YOU ARE
ADVISED THAT YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ENSURING YOU HAVE THE APPROPRIATE
LICENCES TO COVER YOUR EVENT.
- It is the responsibility
of the User to ensure that adequate First Aid cover is available,
suited to the type of activity
undertaken and that Health and Safety precautions appropriate
to the activity are adopted to protect people (especially children
adults) and property.
- It is the responsibility
of the User to ensure that a Temporary
Event Notice (TEN) and all necessary
licences are obtained for the event being arranged.
about a TEN.)
- Any accidents
must be recorded, with details as indicated, in the Accident
from the Church Kitchen. Verbal notification of such incidents
must be given to the Key Holder at the time of the incident or within 48 hours of its occurrence.
- The Kitchen is available
for use as required
but any food preparation
cooking (as opposed to re-heating), other than serving of drinks, must be done under the supervision
of an appropriately qualified
person holding e.g. a Basic Food Handling Certificate.
- All foodstuffs
(including tea, coffee, milk and sugar) that are to be consumed on the Premises
must be provided by the User and removed from the Premises after use.
- Any damage should be reported to the Keyholder
at once. Should any facilities, authorised
with, damaged or stolen, it is the responsibility
of the User to ensure full restitution without cost to Journey Church
- If, as a result of misuse, the intruder alarm system is activated, the User will be responsible for reimbursing Journey Church Harrow for charges by the police,the monitoring company and the maintenance company for resetting the system.
- A non-refundable Booking Fee of £10 is required when the booking is made. This will be set off against the hire charge, the balance of which will fall due before the start of the event. In the case of a cancellation by the hirer in advance of the event date, this Booking Fee will be retained. If however, the booking is cancelled by Journey Church Harrow due to unforeseen circumstances this Booking Fee will be refunded. Cheques should be made payable to Journey
- A refundable security deposit of
booking. This will be
returned after the
reimbursements due for
This cheque will
a cancellation of the booking
- All Private Social Functions
must finish and Users of the Premises, by 10.00 pm.
- Any changes to the agreed use of the Premises must be notified
to the Journey
Church Harrow prior to the event.